The Cape Fear Region’s Most Experienced Neurosurgery & Spine Team
Welcome to the PCNS Patient Portal!
With our fast, secure online patient portal you can:
- Read, review, and print your office visit notes
- View and update your address, phone number, and preferred pharmacy
- Communicate securely with your provider 24 hours a day**
- Request prescription refills
**Please be advised that messages are not monitored 24/7 and will be addressed as soon as possible by your provider care team. If your portal account is linked to your email, you will receive an email when your provider care team responds.
To access the patient portal:
- Click the “Launch Patient Portal” button below.
- You will be directed to a login page. Your username is the email address we have on file for you. If you do not have an email address, your username is your first and last name. You should have been given a temporary password when you scheduled your appointment. If you do not remember this password, please contact the office, and we will provide a new one for you.
- The first time you log on, you will be prompted to reset your password.
- In order to access your information, you MUST agree to the privacy consent.
USING THE PATIENT PORTAL
To access your medical information:
- Click “Chart” on the top ribbon
- Click the checkbox to agree to terms and conditions
- Use categories on the left-hand side of the screen to navigate through your chart
To update your demographic information:
- From within your chart, click “Personal Details” on the left-hand panel
- Click edit in the upper right
- Make any appropriate changes, and click save in the upper right
***Note, the staff will be notified of any changes, but please allow 1 business day for these to take effect.
If you have any further questions about the portal, please call the office during normal business hours, and a staff member will be happy to assist you.
DOCUMENTS & FORMS
PCNS currently has 5 forms that need to be completed prior to your new patient visit. Please answer each question as thoroughly and accurately as possible to save time at your visit.
Each form is a “dynamic PDF” which means you should be able to type directly onto the form from your computer. You can then either print the forms or save them (as new files) to your computer and email the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also print the blank forms and write on them if you prefer. The sooner we have your completed forms, the shorter your wait time should be at your appointment. Please make every effort to either email, fax, or drop off your completed paperwork prior to your new patient appointment with our office. If you cannot provide these completed forms in advance, you will be required to come at least 45 minutes to an hour early to your scheduled appointment.
If you have not been to our office in 3 or more years, please complete all of the new patient paperwork again so that we have updated information for you. Also, if you have any problems with the attached forms, you may want to check to make sure you are using the most up-to-date version of your PDF reader (such as Adobe).
Please access Patient Portal to update your chart as needed. If your insurance has changed, please send us a secure message through the portal or call us to provide us with that information: (910)799-2262.
Medical Record Requests
Your written permission is required for us to request or release your medical records. The request forms are available for your convenience. Please contact our office regarding possible fees for records.
- Medical Records you want sent to us from another provider
- Medical Records you want us to send for you
For more information on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), please click on the following link for the Department of Health and Human Services: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa/. You may also call our office and ask to speak to the HIPAA privacy officer: (910)799-2262.